Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...

Well I have FOUR days left until my due date. I would love it if this baby would make an early appearance but I really just don't want to go past my due date, that would definitely not make for a happy Mama. I have been doing all sorts of nesting and Greg has painted both our bedroom and Mahayla's bedroom. Thanks to Craigs list and Freecycle I have literally spent no out of pocket money because I sold a bunch of our stuff and then got loads of stuff for free off of the two sites. Here are a few pictures of our room:

Photobucket Image Hosting


Photobucket Image Hosting



I still need to put some finishing touches on the walls and decor on the dressers but that can wait!


Apparently I am not the only one that is ready for this little girl to get out. She is a mover and a shaker that is for sure! You have to be a little patient there is definitely some major movement going on.





The other day I was at a friends house and we decided to straighten our girls hair. I can't believe how different Mahayla looked!

Photobucket Image Hosting




I am trying to keep myself busy so that I don't go nuts while I'm waiting for this kid to be born. Yesterday Mahayla and I had a Mommy/Daughter date and went and got our pictures taken. You can view them here:

http://smilestore.picturepeople.com/pn/tpp/claim?em=kattiedewall@hotmail.com&acc=59945a75d7

Access Code: 59945a75d7
Email: kattiedewall@hotmail.com
PW: gregjones

One of the things that I love about delivering at a birth center is that I can bring Mahayla to the appointments and she really gets to be a part of it. I never feel like she is in the way or unwelcome. She LOVES to hear the heartbeat and talks about it all the time. I really think she is going to be a great big sister! Every morning she tells me that she loves her baby sister and she gives her kisses. She knows all about the "hospital" and that we are going there to get her sister. When I was packing my bag she asked me if it was the bag I was taking to get her sister. I have NO idea how she knew that! Here is a picture of her "helping" at my last appointment:

Photobucket Image Hosting


Well, this should be my last post before we have the baby. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anji said...

Katie, that is so exciting, I can not wait to see pics and hear the birth story and the name. Good Luck!!!