Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mahayla's First Movie

I took Mahayla to her first movie in a theater today. Regal Cinemas does free movies at 10 AM on Tuesdays and Wednesday which I thought was a grand idea since I wanted to see how she did at a theater but wasn't loving the idea of paying $12 to see the movie only to walk out 10 minutes later. This was my perfect solution...if she loved it great but if not I didn't have to waste the money. The movies are not first run by any stretch but who cares?

Today we saw "Over the Hedge" and even though she has watched this movie before with her Daddy she still was totally enthralled by the whole experience. When I told her this morning that we were going to go to a movie she started running around the house screaming "MOVIE! MOVIE! MOVIE!" and wanted to leave that instant. Unfortunately she was still in her pajamas and I was not ready...Note to self: Do not tell Mahayla that we will be going to a movie until we are actually sitting in the theater....So we arrived at the theater and bought the kids meal: A small pop, pop corn and mini bag of skittles for five bucks which is an absolute steal by movie theater standards. Once we got our food we headed to the theater. All the while Mahayla was demanding to see the "MOVIE!" We got great seats and she was positively beside herself with joy once it started. There was a little cartoon before the movie that she laughed at hysterically and the same went for the movie once it started. It was so cute to look at her sitting there on her own chair munching on pop corn and holding her sippy cup. She was so excited that she kept leaning back and kissing me which is not a bad way to spend a morning in my book. She got a little distracted towards the end and started playing with the baby in the baby carrier next to us but all in all it went great, I just wish I would have gotten a picture......

1 comment:

Stacy Garner said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! I am impressed that she sat through the whole movie. I don't think Ishmael would make it. I like your blog, and I see that you figured out how to put a slide show of your photos on it. I love it, especailly the photo of her carrying her monkey in a sling. Too cute!